Tuesday 12 February 2013

More Snow - G/WB-019

May Hill - 296m, 1 point

Association: England  Region: Welsh Borders  
Latitude: 51 53 18 N, Longitude: 2 26 40 W
Grid Reference: SO 695212, QTH Locator: IO81SV

Trig point
A new year and a chance to gain another point! On top of this it was time to try out my MTR on 5Mhz with a new antenna and practice some more cold weather operating techniques.

Arrival at May Hill I was treated to a light blanket of snow. With very little wind however, conditions were not nearly as bad as I'd imagined they would be, with temperatures haovering around zero C.


Climb to the summit
I kicked off proceedings on 60 metres and was pleased to quickly rack up 7 contacts on the band. It proved that not only is the rig working well, but also that the antenna modification works OK too. Overall 44 QSOs and 14 DXCC. Everything worked out well, and other than forgetting my camera, I seem to be getting used to the cold operating procedures!

Cold   -1C

The shack

No comments:

Post a Comment